As a latest marketing trend, conversational marketing continues to be an impressive approach to and has a proven record for campaign success. If you want to know the basics of conversational marketing, here are some tips on what makes it the most sought after these days.
What is conversational marketing?
Conversational marketing is a blanket term that applies to a variety of approaches per platform but, in general, it refers to targeted, real-time messaging instead of lead generation forms. There’s no waiting time as you get to interact with your audience at a time of their convenience and instantly.
This type of marketing essentially works by listening to your customers and their needs. And with this information, you can execute a conversational marketing plan specifically crafted for your target audience. This, in turn, shortens the sales cycle while still creating a unique and personal brand message.
What are the types of Conversational marketing?
Some of the few practices that make up conversational marketing are the following:
- Email marketing – This type of marketing practice involves email and typically has longer copy. You can make your interactions with customers more personal by addressing them by their first names.
- Live customer support – For this type of marketing, companies hire personnel to fulfil customer service duties through chat. This way, customers get answers immediately.
- Customer loyalty programs – This type of marketing relies on returning customers who are willing to buy their product or service again and again. It is usually fueled by word-of-mouth (WOM).
- Customer success – Similar to customer loyalty programs, this type of marketing also aims to retain customers but with solid testimonials to showcase the effectivity.
- Chatbots – This type of marketing uses AI to service customers if no one’s available to assist in the conversation.
Is conversational marketing effective?
With right planning and execution, conversational marketing is indeed effective. As mentioned, it is designed to address a customer’s needs pronto, so each interaction is organic and received in real-time. Chatbots that are properly placed on websites retain visitors better, all while assuring them that help is available anytime they need it. It also makes consumer experience easier since this kind of marketing relies on collecting information from previous messages.
Conversational marketing is a product of recent technological and societal trends. If you’re looking for ways to improve your social media marketing strategy, you can get the best help with a media buying agency. Adllins Media offers a wide variety of digital marketing solutions for your business. Contact us today!